Here's a list of local groups working on climate action
Simply SEARCH by keyword, city/town, or name to see a nice list. Sort by name, A-Z, or the other way around.
Check out who's making it happen:
Bruce Grey Woodlands Association
Contact name: Alison Stewart
Contact Keybase: https://keybase.io/
The Bruce Grey Woodlands Association (BGWA) was formed in 2014 from the amalgamation of the Bruce County Woodlot Association and the Grey County Woodlot Association. BGWA is a volunteer-run organization dedicated to encouraging the improvement and sustainable management of the forests in Bruce & Grey Counties.
Our Vision Statement (what we value and why we exist): Promoting healthy forests and ecosystems in Bruce and Grey Counties through education, recreation and sustainable management practices.
Our Objectives (how we aim to achieve our Vision):
- Promote sustainable forest management by increasing awareness of the forest’s inherent social, economic and environmental values.
- Provide networking and sharing opportunities regarding forests and natural ecosystems.
- Promote enjoyment of woodlands and natural areas through education and recreational activities.
- Serve as a voice for the membership with respect to legislation, taxation and regulations as they affect forest property and associated business interests.
- Encourage non-typical forest management practices such as farm windbreaks, orchards, permaculture, riparian restoration, etc.
The BGWA is a volunteer-run organization funded entirely my member dues, governed by its Constitution.